Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 36 Cleveland to Silsbee, TX

The Strangeness of Time

This will be our last night in Texas. It seems like months since we hit El Paso, yet it has flown by. I am not sure how this could be.

We are in logging country now. We passed a large Georgia-Pacific operation yesterday. These big rigs are a little scary as they pass, but the drivers are generally polite and willing to share the road. Katherine and I split the day, each sagging a part. I rode my bike on the last portion. I am happy to report that we did not encounter chip seal until the final six miles. It was about as flat as a ride could be. I was in my middle chainring all day. There was wind but it was minimized by the trees. It was a very pleasant ride, if not quite as beautiful as yesterday's route.

After checking in at the motel, Katherine and I walked next door to the Sonic Burger for a Java Chiller, mocha flavored. I highly recommend this treat! They use real ice cream. It was SO good. Oy! My food habits have gone slumming! Fortunately, Linda's excellent, delicious, nutritious meals save me from myself. And really, we burn SO many calories. Elaine has promised me that if I am unable to get out of these habits when I return, she will let out my clothes for me. How nice to have a seamstress in the family,

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the roads were nice because those trucks are BIG. I wouldn't want to share hills with them.

    Next time you stop at Sonic try a strawberry lemonade - yummy.

    ReplyDelete