Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 33 La Grange to Navasota, TX

Perfect!

Today was the perfect day in so many ways. Weather, road conditions, wind, temperature, traffic, terrain, scenery. We could not have asked for more. We started at about sunrise at 40 degrees. I was so glad I could pull out my arm and leg warmers, full finger gloves, and headband. I was plenty warm. The sun shone brightly against the bright blue sky. The minimal winds were headed the same way we were. The chip seal was smoothed out from wear. The rolling hills took us through a verdant oasis, or so it seemed after so many day in arid land. The icing on the cake was the fields of bluebonnets. By afternoon it was about 70 degrees. I enjoyed a root beer float near the motel. Life is really good.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect days are just so.......perfect. I am glad you enjoyed this one so much. Do you think you would have liked it as much if it had come earlier in the tour?

    ReplyDelete