Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 6 Blythe CA to Salome, Az

We crossed into Arizona almost immediately this morning. We traveled on a four lane highway with good pavement and wide shoulders, making for fairly easy travel. We had to be vigilant about road debris, such as gravel, shredded tires that contain nasty bits of steel, and bungee cords. Bungee cords everywhere. I kept wondering a out the loads they were intended to secure. Eventually we turned onto a well-paved, should led two-lane road. The quiet gave me time to enjoy the wildflowers and the omnipresent cactus. We had changed time zones, so it was late when we arrived at our zero stars motel. Though lacking most amenities, the shower refreshed me, dinner was good, and I am ready for bed.

1 comment:

  1. I have stayed in a few less than stellar motels - it still beats camping. Glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete