Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 15 Silver City to Kingston, NM

Emory Pass
The Highest Elevation

Today we climbed to 8228 feet above sea level, the highest point on this trip. This was the hardest ride I have ever done, but the beautiful scenery along the way and the spectacular panoramic view from the top was more than worth it. It was just a matter of gearing down, riding slowly, making lots of stops, and hoping for a tailwind. Eva rode with me, and we caught up with Greta and Ruth part way up. We each had to stop when we wore out, but we stayed fairly close. I was positively euphoric when I reached the top.

2 comments:

  1. OMG...
    I can understand the euphoria of reaching a new high....and also the agony of striving to push toward that goal...pedalbypedalbypedal.
    Makes me want to train again for a marathon walking race...can't imagine what it's taking for you to do this on a bike.
    Keep going, Marge!! You've got lots of prayer & support with you.

    Love -
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYYYYY for making it to the highest point on the tour. Euphoria indeed!

    ReplyDelete